Choose the perfect handball!
The ultimate guide to find the best balls!
From professional to practice balls, hummel offers a diverse range for all kinds of players and teams. And here we bring you the ultimate handball guide to help you choose the perfect ball for you!
Reliable handballs with predictable flight and a good bounce are essential.
hummel offers a competitive range of quality handballs - from high-performance match balls to training balls for children. All handballs are made from durable PU (polyurethane). Most of the balls also feature these three crucial elements:
- AirTouch cushioning for extra softness and bounce
- Woven poly/cotton lining that stabilizes and adjusts softness/weight
- Latex bladder with AirTrap valve for an airtight ball
During wintertime, we suggest to store the handballs at room temperature (20-25 degrees C) for minimum 24 hours before the first inflation in order to secure optimal softness, shape and grip.
Drip 1-2 drops of hummel valve oil into the valve. It is important that valve-oil is used at every inflation as it makes the valve seal properly.
Position the valve upwards and insert the inflation needle straight into the valve. Always use a long pump needle to ensure the needle does not damage the valve or the bladder.
This is how you check the pressure:
- Inflate the ball to recommended pressure
- Recommended pressure is printed on the ball near the valve
- Inflate slowly to allow the ball to gain its correct shape. Rapid inflation can damage the bladder.
- Use a pressure gauge to check the pressure of the ball.