Astralis Group and hummel enter historic agreement
hummel and Astralis Group, who owns and operates the three globally leading brands, Origen in League of Legends, Future FC in FIFA, and the Counter-Strike team Astralis, today announced a comprehensive, new sponsorship agreement, which ultimately will include all three teams.
It is the first time hummel enters a sponsorship agreement of this magnitude within esports, and for Astralis Group, an agreement of this proportion is likewise the first of it's kind.
Jakob Lund Kristensen, the CCO and co-founder of Astralis Group:
- The agreement we are presenting, and which will be fully launched during the Fall season, really establishes hummel as the first commercial partner on a group level within Astralis Group. Ultimately, it means that hummel will be the clothing partner for all our teams, and development of designs has already started across both organizations.
- We have been working on finding the ideal partner across all teams for a while, and hummel was actually the first brand we considered when the possibility of entering a group sponsorship presented itself. In many ways, we have similar visions and like to exceed limitations. At the same time, hummel has a history and a legacy within sportswear, which is an ideal fit for our ambitions to professionalize esports even more.
- All our team brands have evolved significantly within recent years, and have grown in popularity and as a business, both in Denmark and internationally since launching our first clothing sponsorship. When we enter into a new agreement, which for the first time embraces all of our teams, it is probably not surprising that it is of notably bigger proportions than anything we have seen previously, Jakob Lund Kristensen comments.
- Until then, we will continue with Jack & Jones, who has been an essential partner for us and who have contributed to bringing esports and esports performance gear into the 21st century. We are very proud of what we have achieved together and look forward to continuing this development with hummel.
Allan Vad Nielsen, CEO of hummel:
- We are proud to enter the world of e-sports in partnership with Astralis Group, a true pioneer in an industry characterized by innovation, ongoing evolution and professionalization. The global development of e-sport merchandise is a great opportunity and hummel will be in excellent shape lining up with three top brands all fitting our DNA.
- All teams in the Astralis Group portfolio are among the best in the world with a massive fan base and audience. This is a global partnership with significant potential for further expansion. More than anything, it will introduce hummel to new markets and new consumers. We look forward to presenting our designs to fans around the world blending performance and style.
The Partnership Agreement is effective immediately and new product introductions for both Origen and Future FC will be launched in the coming months culminating with the launch of the new Astralis kit in the Fall of 2020.
The agreement includes all official game- and sports-wear for Astralis, Origen, and Future FC.
Both parties have agreed not to disclose any further information on the terms and conditions of the Partnership.
About Astralis Group
Astralis Group is a publicly listed esports media company who owns and operates three globally leading team brands including all media and commercial rights: Origen (League of Legends), Future FC (FIFA) and Astralis (Counter-Strike). Astralis is listed on Nasdaq First North Growth Market under ASTGRP.
Further information at www.astralisgroup.net
hummel is a Danish sports- and fashion-brand with a history leading back to 1923.
hummel designs, produces and markets sportswear, training wear, equipment and sneakers for adults and children, male and female. Through the four product categories teamsport, footwear, kids, sport lifestyle as well as selected premium co-labs, hummel delivers new styles multiple times during the year with a mix of retro and contemporary trends. hummel A/S is a part of Thornico A/S.